Dentist - Lancaster
You never have to be without teeth. In our Lancaster office, you can get new dentures started, repaired or refined the same day. With our on-site dental laboratory, most repairs are done while you wait. Initial consultations are free and most insurance plans are accepted.
We recommend some basic information and make sure you never have to be without your teeth.
If you have lost all of your natural teeth, whether it is from periodontal disease, tooth decay or injury, full dentures can replace your missing teeth - and your smile. Replacing missing teeth will benefit not only your appearance but also your health. You'll be able to eat and speak - two things that most peopel often take for granted unitl their natural teeth are prematurely lost.
Adult & Child Care
Thanks to fluoridated water and toothpastes, better nutrition, and improved dental care, adult American's teeth are healthier than ever but decay is still the leading cause of adult tooth loss. With proper care and regular visits we can help you keep your teeth.
Here's some basiscs for making sure your teeth stay as healthy as possible:
- Use fluoride, which strengthens tooth enamel and helps prevent the bacteria in plaque from causing cavities. Some drinking water is fluoridated, and toothpastes and mouth rinses with the American Dental Association seal of acceptance contain adequate amounts of fluoride.
- Eat a balanced diet, including fruits and vegetables, cereals, dairy products and meat. Calcium is essential for strong teeth and bones. Good sources include milk, cheese, yogurt and tofu.
- Don't chew on hard substances, such as ice or popcorn kernels, and don't grind or clench your teeth. These habits can damage tooth enamel.
- Cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and snuff can stain your teeth, contribute to gum disease, or even cause oral cancer.
- Too much coffee, tea, or red wine may stain your teeth.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from above and below your gumline and from between teeth, where your toothbrush can't reach.
- See your dentist every 6 months for a general checkup and cleaning.
Common Cosmetic Problems:
Misaligned teeth: gaps, crookedness, tilting and crowding can sometimes be corrected. Damaged teeth chips, fractures, and cracks. Discolored or stained teeth.
Three common procedures in cosmetic dentistry are bleaching, bonding, and the application of porcelain in veneers. All are performed most often on the front teeth (since they're the ones that show), and all are generally painless.
Bonding restores damaged teeth that have been chipped, cracked, misaligned, or discolored. A plastic resin somewhat like putty is used to rebuild the teeth and make them look natural.
Bleaching works on teeth much as it does on clothes, by lightening stains caused by coffee, tea, food, tobacco, and age.
Porcelain veneers are hard, toothshaped shells adhered onto the surfaces of prepared teeth in much the same way that false fingernails are applied. Veneers correct or camouflage the same problems that bonding does - discoloration, damage, or misalignment - but the veneers last longer.
At Steven J. Rheault, DMD, our priority is to deliver quality care to informed patients in a comfortable and convenient setting.
When you have dental problems, you need to turn to a dentist who listens and responds ... an experienced doctor who knows the field and can effectively diagnose and treat your needs ... a friendly dentist who counsels you on the best ways to maintain and improve your health. Our staff meet all these criteria. Plus, you benefit from a dedicated team of trained professionals who give you the individualized attention you deserve.
Steven J. Rheault, DMD believes that informed patients are better prepared to make decisions regarding their health and well being. That is why we've included an extensive section on this web site covering the full array of topics associated with dentistry and dental diagnoses and treatments. We encourage you to look through these pages whenever you have an interest or concern about your dental needs and care.
Comfortable, Convenient Setting
The best care in the world doesn't mean anything if you can't access it. At Steven J. Rheault, DMD, we strive to make our Lancaster office as efficient and convenient as possible. Included in these web pages is information about Steven J. Rheault, DMD's office, including our Lancaster location, maps, directions, hours, insurance policies and appointment scheduling. You can even email a request for an appointment right here!
We hope you find this web site useful and invite you to contact us with your questions at any time.